Sunday, September 7, 2008

We returned from our "Dog Vacation". It is such a relaxing trip, no phones, t.v., pagers. In this day and age it kind of freaks me out being so out of touch with my kids, work, etc. We do alot of hiking in the mountains, some fishing, and alot of eating. We don't just do the sandwich stuff, we like to grill steaks, brats, even the trout we caught. I usually make a big breakfast, which I don't do at home. Some people wouldn't think of this as a vacation, but I love it. I read books, one which is Nicolas Sparks' which the movie is getting ready to be released, "Nights in Rodanthe". I am really looking forward in seeing that. Bill and I played gin rummy, during the day when it was raining, or at night, after we went in. We had a fire every night, of course we had smore's.

Since it was the Dog Vacation I had to put pictures of them. This is Baby Jake, he is not really a puppy anymore, he is 4, but that was what we called him and it stuck, we also call him Odie, cause he really acts alot like Garfield's friend.

Gus is our old guy, he is 11, he was a real trouper. Though this might have been his last year to the mountains, I don't know. He hiked up the mountain every time, but by night he was limping around and his feet hurt. He also had a hard time getting in and out of the camper.


So, now tomorrow back to work for both of us. That is always a challenge after being gone for a week. Plus tomorrow after work the girls at work are coming over for drinks for a birthday party for one of them! So Pomegranite and regular margarita's here we come!


1 comment:

dkuroiwa said...

Wow! WHat a great vacation!! Poor old Gus...what a great dog!! I remember when he was a puppy!! I also remember when Bill used to wear knee sox...so glad that has changed!!! :-D
Good luck getting back into the swing of things at work!!
Happy trails in Margaritaville!!