Friday, August 29, 2008
2. When I take a walk, I think about what is going on in my life at that moment, family, friends.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can sure make your life easier.
4. Cotton makes me comfortable and leather makes me sexy.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was no one really.
6. My favorite color these days is pink because it seems like everything I buy is pink lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to packing for our camping trip, tomorrow my plans include leaving for a week's vacation and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy the mountains! So, talk to you all next week!
Posted by Janet at 8:01 PM
Monday, August 25, 2008
Well anyway, we used it Sat. night when we went out on the town. My daughter and boyfriend, my brother and his wife, were there and we took some good pictures. I was anxious to blog them, to have something to post today. So Sunday morning I was playing with the camera (I should have read directions first) and was trying to change the pixel size so I could take more pictures on the card, and yep you guessed it, went into formatting pressed YES and deleted all the pictures!!!
So now I will have to take new pictures this coming weekend on our camping trip we call the Dog Vacation. One week each year around Labor Day we take our fifth wheel, dogs, Gus and Jake, to the mountains, for the last big hurrah! So until then...................gotta get through work this week.
Friday, August 22, 2008
2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them? Suz or Sue, or the only other thing is Ma, except when the kids are embarrassed about something I've done it's Mother!
3. Do you need to do laundry right now? No I keep it pretty well done.
4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your iPod right now? Would be Jackson Browne from Saturday night at home. I listen to XM pretty much at work and in my car. Don't have an iPod.
5. How/when did you learn to ride a bicycle? About the age of 5, we alway decorated our bikes for the local county fair parade and rode them at the first of the parade. We got a silver half dollar for doing it.
6. What is your favorite weird food combination? I put ketchup on my bisquits and gravy, which really disgusts my husband.
7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value? I just recently was given a picture of my great-grandma and great-grandpa that is in one of those really old picture frames with the oval glass.
1. Dancing to the music on my stereo while making supper and drinking a glass of wine makes me very happy and in a good mood.
2. The last time I was doing a cheer( just messing around) I nearly did the splits (ouch, accidently).
3. When I drive by myself I usually have the music up loud and sing.
4. I saw you standing there.(Lyrics to some song)
5. Give me happiness, give me love, give me health.
6. Next week I am looking forward to leaving on a camping vacation in the mountains for a week.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching the olympics with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include going to a Sky Sox baseball game with family and Sunday, I want to do some shopping, before heading home from the game.
Posted by Janet at 8:33 PM
Monday, August 18, 2008
Remodeling my bathroom at home. We have been doing 1 room at a time ourselves, but we are probably going to hire someone to do the bathroom. Just finding someone to do it in a small town is a job by itself.
If you could make any fictional character come to life, which one would it be?Prince Charming
If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000?Home Depot, not very long. (See answer to No.1)
Name three things you wanted as a child but never got. An Easy Bake Oven (But got my daughter one as soon as she was old enough), Big Wheel (I was too big when they first came out),
and a sister (Only have 1 brother)
Friday, August 15, 2008
1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was just today for my standing Friday lunch with the girls. I wasn't very hungry, but we get to catch up on our visiting every week.
2. People who are late is something I intensely dislike.
3. The full moon is when I get my hair trimmed, the almanac says it makes your hair grow faster.
4. "In Colorado, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change" is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it's best to not say anything at all if you can't say anything nice.
6. Gosh haven't seen a movie for awhile, so nothing is the best movie I've seen so far this year!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a 50th birthday pary do Don Auburger, tomorrow my plans include abolutely nothing and Sunday, I want to, or rather have to play for church!
Posted by Janet at 8:52 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
At the State Conference this past June, I was installed as State Treasurer's Association President. I must be crazy or something, how did I get myself into this. I am a person who gets involved, so when you get to be known as a person who gets things done, they call on you. And as I have said before, I have trouble saying no. I have been on the Executive Board for the state for about 4 years now, and when they needed a nominee for 2nd vice-president a couple of years ago, they talked me into it. I thought at the time, 2 years until I was President seemed like a long time, but here we are. It is a big responsibility, but a challenge, and I'm always up for a good challenge.
I am pictured above with the outgoing President. She will still be on the Executive Board so I expect to get alot of help from her, and the other members. So here we go, wish me luck!
Monday, August 11, 2008
How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you? A person who is always happy and has a smile on her face. Happily married to the same guy 29 years. A nice couple with 2 nice kids. A nice family. (I actually had a guy say this about my family just last week)
Do you trust anyone to protect you? I trust my husband to protect me completely. He has and will always be my knight in shining armour since I was about 16. I can always count on him.
If you died or went missing, who would miss you? If I went missing, again, my husband, since I see him every day, and the girls at work, if I didn't show up they would call my husband.
But if I died I think all my family would miss me (I have a big family), and my friends (I have alot of friends).
Friday, August 8, 2008
2. The perfect meal would include Lobster with a hearty side of melted butter and a big glass of White Zinfindel wine. (Wow my mouth is watering)
3. The most memorable girl's night out I've ever had was when just recently me and 2 bff went to the city together to get our mammograms. We went to a Japanese Steakhouse the night before, then got Margaritas, took them back to our hotel and drank them on the motel patio, went to the hot tub,visited and laughted until late. That was in just a couple of weeks ago. I was and am 47 years-old.
4. My earliest memory is living in the country in a small town in Eastern Colorado, losing my shoe in the ditch, and my dad finding it out in the pastor next door.
5. The family is gone for the evening and I will spend my time watching a chick flick and drinking a glass (or 2) of wine.
6. Right now I am supposed to be working instead of blogging.
7. When I am done blogging, I am going to start working."
Friday Fill-Ins #84
1. You know you're old when I suggested to this lady in my office yesterday she sign up for a Homestead Exemption (you have to be 65 years or older to qualify) and she told me that she was only 55. I was shocked, she is only 8 years older than me, and she looked really old!!!!!!!!!
2. My heart is divided between family time and responsibilites outside the home. I'd rather be home with my family!
3. Somethink to eat is what I need RIGHT NOW! I skipped breakfast.
4. I have felt the loss of losing a loved one, I have known the depths of heart ache.
5. Gah, won't these people quit calling about who I would vote for in the upcoming election.
6. Forgive someone you have had problems with as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics, tomorrow my plans include cleaning house, maybe shampooing my carpets, and Sunday, I want to go to Church and rest!
Posted by Janet at 8:18 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Ever since I started blogging, I enter in all kinds of contests on different blogs. I started blogging around April, had to learn alot. My good friend, Debbie, started me on blogging by sending me her blog. I enjoyed reading hers so much, and all her friends in the blogging world, I had to be involved. I now try to blog 3 or 4 times a week, have started Manic Mondays, Friday Fill-ins, and What is it Wednesday. It is time consuming, but addictive.
So I started reading the San Diego Blog Bitches, which includes a group of ladies who get together every now and then, for fun, food, and good conversation. Cheri, Blog this Mom, from this group put together a contest and the winner wins a really cute bag with their logo on it. And guess what, she pulled my name from a hat and I won! I am patiently waiting for it in the mail. My friend, Debbie, is so jealous, I just know it. So, thanks, Cheri!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself: Mother, Wife, Friend, Singer, Musician, Politician (unfortunatley), Golfer, Overachiever, Organizer, Christian
If you owned your own store, what would you sell? I probably would own a jewelry store, love to buy it, wear it, shop for it!
If you were to name the most comforting thing for you to hold in your hands, what would it be? I think holding a newborn baby.
Friday, August 1, 2008
2. Give me more hours in a day or give me less stuff to do.
3. I am listening to Chris Rice, Short Term Memories on a CD that a friend recorded for me, so we can learn the song "Go Light Your Candle". We are going to sing it in church in a couple of weeks.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking I should get to work, instead of writing on my blog.
5. I'll always be a happy go-lucky person, with a smile on my face, and talks too much.
6. My idea of a good time includes going to Playa del Carma, Mexico, laying on the beach with a margarita (with my husband, of course).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to local fair to the 4-H animal auction and buyer supper, tomorrow my plans include going to the fair parade in the morning, free bar-b-que, spending time with family and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
Posted by Janet at 7:47 PM