Tuesday, August 12, 2008

State Treasurer President



At the State Conference this past June, I was installed as State Treasurer's Association President. I must be crazy or something, how did I get myself into this. I am a person who gets involved, so when you get to be known as a person who gets things done, they call on you. And as I have said before, I have trouble saying no. I have been on the Executive Board for the state for about 4 years now, and when they needed a nominee for 2nd vice-president a couple of years ago, they talked me into it. I thought at the time, 2 years until I was President seemed like a long time, but here we are. It is a big responsibility, but a challenge, and I'm always up for a good challenge.

I am pictured above with the outgoing President. She will still be on the Executive Board so I expect to get alot of help from her, and the other members. So here we go, wish me luck!

2 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

Congratulations!!
I have complete and utter faith that you will not only do the best job you can, but...you will be damn good at it too!!!
So...does this mean that Brooke is your "Assistant" and can go on vacations...oops...sorry..."business trips" with you!??!

Very nice picture, by the way!!
:-d

Munchkins and Music said...

Congrats! Thanks for stopping by! It's always nice to meet people who love music, and who play piano!!