Monday, December 29, 2008
Manic Monday #148
What is the biggest mistake you made in 2008 and will not make again in 2009?
Gosh, I can't think of the biggest mistake, lets say I make lots of small ones, like saying things before thinking about it, being totally clumsy, assuming things , and being very gullable.
Do you make New Year's resolutions? No, I don't make New Year's Resolutions, because I very rarely keep them. I just try to be a good person everyday of the year.
Who do you nominate as “Man or Woman of the Year” for 2008? Whether I voted for him or not, probably Borack O'Bama, because he did something no one else has ever done, being voted in as the first black president.
What was your greatest accomplishment in 2008? I would say being sworn in as the State President of our Treasurer's Association.
Happy New Year to you all!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
1. Snow is here, but also with it comes the cold and wind.
2. I'm looking forward to my husband's company Christmas Party tonight.
3. Family, love, and good health is the best Christmas gift ever!
4. One of my favorite old tv shows is the Carol Burnett Show.
5. I'm done with my Christmas shopping! Yea!
6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is getting together with all my friends and family at different get togethers.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to see above, tomorrow my plans include doing some holiday cooking and enjoying being home and Sunday, I want to go to church, watch the Broncos play, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Friday, November 21, 2008
This couple had a son who was a junior in High School, and the grandma lived their also. The grandma made it out alive.
Our local fire department is volunteer only, these couragous men have full lives, but have to fight fires on their own time without pay. I commend them, they did what they could in the middle of the night in 24 degree temperature with a terrible wind.
What a tragedy!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
It really is nice, though, not being too busy in December, when you have parties and get togethers for Christmas. I already have 3 party invitations, and expect more to come. I have started some Christmas shopping, and will finish the weekend after Thanksgiving. But first, we need to remember to celebrate Thanksgiving, and be thankful for everything we have!
Friday, November 14, 2008
2. When I walk by my rose bush when it's in bloom I can't help sniffing it occasionally.
3. My favorite thing to cook is a big batch of home made bread, which I then make into beirox and cinnamon rolls.
4. Laughter is something I can't get enough of.
5. Unconditional love, that's the thing I love most about my dogs.
6. Bad drivers always makes me think to myself, what the heck?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to maybe going out to eat at a new mexican restaurant in town, tomorrow my plans include painting in my house and Sunday, I want to finish up painting and relax!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I said in my Friday Fill-ins that I was planning on dressing up for Halloween and attending a costume party on Friday night. Me and 3 other crazy friends, decided to go as KISS. Now we are all 40-ish, and grew up in the 70's, but do you think any of us even knew any songs they did? Well we did actually know some, just didn't know they did it.
We started getting ready about 6:00 p.m. with drinks, of course. Most of the clothes we just threw together, lots of black, bling, some actual chains (bought at Everitt Moore). We put knee socks over our boots to try and make them look like the platform boots they wore. Me and 1 other girl have shoulder length hair, so we sprayed and ratted and sprayed again, and then dyed with black. The other 2 girls wore black wigs. Then came the face paint. We each picked out who we were, drew the outline with black eyeliner, and then filled with either black or white face paint. We looked awesome.
For the grand entrance, we waited until 9:00 to show up, and had someone get everyone's attention, and yell KISS IS IN THE BUILDING!
It was alot of fun, there were alot of other costumes, some good ones, but when the time came they announced 3rd, 2nd, and then 1st place, which we won. I think we won $100 credit at the bar, so we each have $25. I then started thinking about getting home, I car pooled, and getting in the shower and hoping all the hair paint and face paint came off, before I could go to bed. Thank God it did!
Friday, October 31, 2008
2. Laughter from my kids, the kind that comes from deep down, is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is the story of my life. I have always felt I was lucky to have what I have, family, job, etc.
4. My job is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people are very unhappy with their life. I live my life to it's fullest every day.
6. Apple cidar, for spiced cidar to serve in my office today, was the last thing I bought at the store. (It smells great)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a Halloween Party, me and 3of my friends are going as KISS. (Pictures to be posted later), tomorrow my plans include working around the house and maybe eating out with friends, and Sunday, I want to clean house, go to church, and relax the rest of the day! (Go Broncos!)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
My daughter just recently got her laptop fixed and finally was able to get on my Blog! I've been telling her about it, but she wasn't able to get on it at work, so now she has seen it. She thought it was pretty cool, but noticed there were a couple of posts about her brother and not her. I explained that it was his birthday a few weeks ago, well her birthday isn't until May, so I thought I better post something now.
We had booked our gyno visits together in August, and after we were done we went to lunch and went shopping. Afterwards I took her home and we took these pictures. I have been told we look more like sisters than mother and daughter. I had her when I was 10, (really it was 21) and she is now 26. I know I am partial, but she is a beautiful girl. She is a physical therapist assistant, and her dad and I are very proud of her!
The other picture is of her and her baby, Kal. She got Kal about 6 years ago. She named her Kally, but found out she was a he and now he is Kal.
Friday, October 24, 2008
1. Right now, I'm feeling hot!(no not that kind of hot, it is hotter that you know what in here).
2. Home, in my comfy's, is where I want to be.
3. How does one vote count? I just voted early, and I like to think my vote counts, but on election day when they project a winner, when the polls aren't even closed in my state, I wonder.....
4. My husband keeps me on track.
5. Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful. (Ha Ha, it's the first thing that popped into my head)
6. Seeing my kids happy fills me with joy.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making a birthday cake for my mother in law, tomorrow my plans include going to the inlaws house and making enchiladas for her birthday and Sunday, I want to come home!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
So, here we go, we went shopping in Colorado Springs last weekend for a birthday present for our 23 (today)year old son. He is at that age when you ask what he wants for his birthday, and he really can't think of anything. When he was younger, he would make lists. So he's had some flat tires lately, so we suggested new tires. Now I, as a woman, think tires are a pretty boring present. But my family has a thing about new tires.
Even my daughter, when she describes a car, it always includes the tires. But I guess I am lucky about this, since I've never had to change a tire. My husband is really good about rotating, and checking air, and we get new ones every so often whether we need them or not!
But it can't be just any tire, they have to be manly for a truck, and it helps if they have raised white letters. We looked at about every tire place there was before we bought them at Pep Boys. So now we will take his present to him on Saturday, and have a little birthday party. I had to get a little something extra, cause the mom in me thinks he needs something to open. And of course a cake. He may be 23, but he will always be my little boy!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far. Not just a single time, but every time my kids took a road trip after they got their driver's license. Especially if the weather was bad, or they didn't call to say they made it when I thought they should, and I couldn't get them on their phone. Even today, I worry and they are 26 and 23.
One hot summer afternoon, while walking through a parking lot at a large shopping center, you notice a dog suffering badly from the heat inside a locked car. What would you do? I would call for a policeman or find a guard at the shopping center to get the car unlocked. Hopefully they would take the animal to the Humane Society.
Friday, September 26, 2008
2. Sometimes I wish you could turn back time, but then I really like the way my life is now.
3. I can be pretty persuasive when I want to be and that's why there is a saying, "never say never"!
4. When I'm down, I like to talk about it with other people. It makes you realize your problems are not quite as bad.
5. Either at work or at home is where you'll find me most often.
6. A rainy day is good for cooking or baking and then eating.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a quiet evening at home , tomorrow my plans include a day trip to the city to buy presents for those birthdays coming up and Sunday, I want to get my weekend chores done, and watch the Broncos play!
Monday, September 22, 2008
What would you take from your house if you knew it would be flooded tomorrow? I would grab my thumb drive (which has all my computer info, pictures, banking info, addresses), important jewelry, and my kids baby books.
If you were stuck in a room for an hour with a chalk board, what would you draw on it? Probably just write my name on it a few times, and maybe some happy faces.
Monday, September 8, 2008
What have you found to be the best way to relieve tension? I would pour me a glass of wine, put on some good music and read a good book.
If you went to a beach and it turned out to be a nude beach, would you stay and go swimming? Would you swim nude? Yes to both questions! Hopefully I wouldn't know anyone though.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Since it was the Dog Vacation I had to put pictures of them. This is Baby Jake, he is not really a puppy anymore, he is 4, but that was what we called him and it stuck, we also call him Odie, cause he really acts alot like Garfield's friend.
Gus is our old guy, he is 11, he was a real trouper. Though this might have been his last year to the mountains, I don't know. He hiked up the mountain every time, but by night he was limping around and his feet hurt. He also had a hard time getting in and out of the camper.
Friday, August 29, 2008
2. When I take a walk, I think about what is going on in my life at that moment, family, friends.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can sure make your life easier.
4. Cotton makes me comfortable and leather makes me sexy.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was no one really.
6. My favorite color these days is pink because it seems like everything I buy is pink lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to packing for our camping trip, tomorrow my plans include leaving for a week's vacation and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy the mountains! So, talk to you all next week!
Posted by Janet at 8:01 PM
Monday, August 25, 2008
Well anyway, we used it Sat. night when we went out on the town. My daughter and boyfriend, my brother and his wife, were there and we took some good pictures. I was anxious to blog them, to have something to post today. So Sunday morning I was playing with the camera (I should have read directions first) and was trying to change the pixel size so I could take more pictures on the card, and yep you guessed it, went into formatting pressed YES and deleted all the pictures!!!
So now I will have to take new pictures this coming weekend on our camping trip we call the Dog Vacation. One week each year around Labor Day we take our fifth wheel, dogs, Gus and Jake, to the mountains, for the last big hurrah! So until then...................gotta get through work this week.
Friday, August 22, 2008
2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them? Suz or Sue, or the only other thing is Ma, except when the kids are embarrassed about something I've done it's Mother!
3. Do you need to do laundry right now? No I keep it pretty well done.
4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your iPod right now? Would be Jackson Browne from Saturday night at home. I listen to XM pretty much at work and in my car. Don't have an iPod.
5. How/when did you learn to ride a bicycle? About the age of 5, we alway decorated our bikes for the local county fair parade and rode them at the first of the parade. We got a silver half dollar for doing it.
6. What is your favorite weird food combination? I put ketchup on my bisquits and gravy, which really disgusts my husband.
7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value? I just recently was given a picture of my great-grandma and great-grandpa that is in one of those really old picture frames with the oval glass.
1. Dancing to the music on my stereo while making supper and drinking a glass of wine makes me very happy and in a good mood.
2. The last time I was doing a cheer( just messing around) I nearly did the splits (ouch, accidently).
3. When I drive by myself I usually have the music up loud and sing.
4. I saw you standing there.(Lyrics to some song)
5. Give me happiness, give me love, give me health.
6. Next week I am looking forward to leaving on a camping vacation in the mountains for a week.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching the olympics with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include going to a Sky Sox baseball game with family and Sunday, I want to do some shopping, before heading home from the game.
Posted by Janet at 8:33 PM
Monday, August 18, 2008
Remodeling my bathroom at home. We have been doing 1 room at a time ourselves, but we are probably going to hire someone to do the bathroom. Just finding someone to do it in a small town is a job by itself.
If you could make any fictional character come to life, which one would it be?Prince Charming
If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take you to spend the $10,000?Home Depot, not very long. (See answer to No.1)
Name three things you wanted as a child but never got. An Easy Bake Oven (But got my daughter one as soon as she was old enough), Big Wheel (I was too big when they first came out),
and a sister (Only have 1 brother)
Friday, August 15, 2008
1. The last meal I had at a restaurant was just today for my standing Friday lunch with the girls. I wasn't very hungry, but we get to catch up on our visiting every week.
2. People who are late is something I intensely dislike.
3. The full moon is when I get my hair trimmed, the almanac says it makes your hair grow faster.
4. "In Colorado, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change" is one of my favorite local expressions.
5. Sometimes it's best to not say anything at all if you can't say anything nice.
6. Gosh haven't seen a movie for awhile, so nothing is the best movie I've seen so far this year!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a 50th birthday pary do Don Auburger, tomorrow my plans include abolutely nothing and Sunday, I want to, or rather have to play for church!
Posted by Janet at 8:52 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
At the State Conference this past June, I was installed as State Treasurer's Association President. I must be crazy or something, how did I get myself into this. I am a person who gets involved, so when you get to be known as a person who gets things done, they call on you. And as I have said before, I have trouble saying no. I have been on the Executive Board for the state for about 4 years now, and when they needed a nominee for 2nd vice-president a couple of years ago, they talked me into it. I thought at the time, 2 years until I was President seemed like a long time, but here we are. It is a big responsibility, but a challenge, and I'm always up for a good challenge.
I am pictured above with the outgoing President. She will still be on the Executive Board so I expect to get alot of help from her, and the other members. So here we go, wish me luck!
Monday, August 11, 2008
How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you? A person who is always happy and has a smile on her face. Happily married to the same guy 29 years. A nice couple with 2 nice kids. A nice family. (I actually had a guy say this about my family just last week)
Do you trust anyone to protect you? I trust my husband to protect me completely. He has and will always be my knight in shining armour since I was about 16. I can always count on him.
If you died or went missing, who would miss you? If I went missing, again, my husband, since I see him every day, and the girls at work, if I didn't show up they would call my husband.
But if I died I think all my family would miss me (I have a big family), and my friends (I have alot of friends).
Friday, August 8, 2008
2. The perfect meal would include Lobster with a hearty side of melted butter and a big glass of White Zinfindel wine. (Wow my mouth is watering)
3. The most memorable girl's night out I've ever had was when just recently me and 2 bff went to the city together to get our mammograms. We went to a Japanese Steakhouse the night before, then got Margaritas, took them back to our hotel and drank them on the motel patio, went to the hot tub,visited and laughted until late. That was in just a couple of weeks ago. I was and am 47 years-old.
4. My earliest memory is living in the country in a small town in Eastern Colorado, losing my shoe in the ditch, and my dad finding it out in the pastor next door.
5. The family is gone for the evening and I will spend my time watching a chick flick and drinking a glass (or 2) of wine.
6. Right now I am supposed to be working instead of blogging.
7. When I am done blogging, I am going to start working."
Friday Fill-Ins #84
1. You know you're old when I suggested to this lady in my office yesterday she sign up for a Homestead Exemption (you have to be 65 years or older to qualify) and she told me that she was only 55. I was shocked, she is only 8 years older than me, and she looked really old!!!!!!!!!
2. My heart is divided between family time and responsibilites outside the home. I'd rather be home with my family!
3. Somethink to eat is what I need RIGHT NOW! I skipped breakfast.
4. I have felt the loss of losing a loved one, I have known the depths of heart ache.
5. Gah, won't these people quit calling about who I would vote for in the upcoming election.
6. Forgive someone you have had problems with as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics, tomorrow my plans include cleaning house, maybe shampooing my carpets, and Sunday, I want to go to Church and rest!
Posted by Janet at 8:18 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Ever since I started blogging, I enter in all kinds of contests on different blogs. I started blogging around April, had to learn alot. My good friend, Debbie, started me on blogging by sending me her blog. I enjoyed reading hers so much, and all her friends in the blogging world, I had to be involved. I now try to blog 3 or 4 times a week, have started Manic Mondays, Friday Fill-ins, and What is it Wednesday. It is time consuming, but addictive.
So I started reading the San Diego Blog Bitches, which includes a group of ladies who get together every now and then, for fun, food, and good conversation. Cheri, Blog this Mom, from this group put together a contest and the winner wins a really cute bag with their logo on it. And guess what, she pulled my name from a hat and I won! I am patiently waiting for it in the mail. My friend, Debbie, is so jealous, I just know it. So, thanks, Cheri!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself: Mother, Wife, Friend, Singer, Musician, Politician (unfortunatley), Golfer, Overachiever, Organizer, Christian
If you owned your own store, what would you sell? I probably would own a jewelry store, love to buy it, wear it, shop for it!
If you were to name the most comforting thing for you to hold in your hands, what would it be? I think holding a newborn baby.
Friday, August 1, 2008
2. Give me more hours in a day or give me less stuff to do.
3. I am listening to Chris Rice, Short Term Memories on a CD that a friend recorded for me, so we can learn the song "Go Light Your Candle". We are going to sing it in church in a couple of weeks.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking I should get to work, instead of writing on my blog.
5. I'll always be a happy go-lucky person, with a smile on my face, and talks too much.
6. My idea of a good time includes going to Playa del Carma, Mexico, laying on the beach with a margarita (with my husband, of course).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to local fair to the 4-H animal auction and buyer supper, tomorrow my plans include going to the fair parade in the morning, free bar-b-que, spending time with family and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
Posted by Janet at 7:47 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I kind of stopped having hot flashes, but other things were happening, (See above). I didn't sleep much at night, my sex drive was all but gone, I retained water, and yes, I felt possessed. My body was no longer my own. Plus I have gained about 10 pounds and cannot lose it! That really pissed me off.
Then in May I got a sore throat, the soreness went away, but I felt like something was in my lower throat, like when you swallow a pill and it gets stuck. Not all the time, but it comes and goes. I decided end of June to go to the doctor. Man, did I unload on him. After telling him all my symptoms, he asked if I ever had my Thyroid checked, which I said no. He said my Thyroid was a little enlarged, thus my throat thing. And all the symptoms of menopause are alot like thyroid issues, which can be brought on by menopause. I had a blood test, and my thyroid which should be between 0 and 3.5 was 35.
So now I am on Thyroid medicine. Hot flashes are gone, and in August will be a year since my last period, so I hope I am on my way. Now those pesky 10 pounds. I will hopefully get to work on that and taking control of my body again. Bye, Bye, seven dwarfs! (I hope)
Monday, July 28, 2008
Manic Monday #127
Every person you have ever slept with is invited to a banquet where you are the guest of honor. No one will be in attendance except you, the collection of your former lovers, and the catering service. After the meal, you are asked to give a fifteen-minute speech to the assembly.What do you talk about? That's pretty easy, I would talk to my husband.
What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? After my house is clean and everything in order (I'm kind of weird like that, can't relax until everything is in it's place) I bake something like cinnamon roles, and sit down with a good book.
Are you a window person or an aisle person? Why? I am a aisle person, my husband likes the window seat, so I usually take the aisle.
Friday, July 25, 2008
2. If you're good at something share it, pursue it, and strive to do it better.
3. Why so doom and gloom? I am a very optimistic person per my blog name. I know you have to be realistic, and bad things do happen, but tomorrow is always another day.
4. Something is out there, it's just waiting for you to find it.
5. If my life were a sitcom, it would be titled "Let's Party".
6. Sitting on my back porch [if you don't have one, use your imagination] I see my 2 yellow labs, Gus and Jake, my grouchy yellow cat, Tico, a margarita or Bud Light on my patio table, and husband, Bill sipping along with me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a bar-b-que I'm having with a few friends (on same patio) , some good margaritas, and some good times. Tomorrow my plans include catching up around the house, and going to the Miss Baca County Beauty Pageant which kicks off our County Fair. And Sunday, I want to clean house, and play and sing good at church, and relax the rest of the day!
Posted by Janet at 9:17 PM
Thursday, July 24, 2008
We are also a very musical family, and every reunion we have our own talent show, my Grandma Brisendine played the piano by ear and sang. Most of us have inherited that talent. It is so amazing! What a great family I have!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Been out of town to meetings, and then a family reunion, so I will post some pictures of this soon!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Manic Monday #123
What sound or noise do you love? I love laughter, when someone if laughing that deep all over type of laugh you can't help but feel good also.
What sound or noise do you hate? The typical nails scraping on a chalk board, really curls my teeth! Really, they do curl.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I think it would be really fun to be a flight attendant. I love to travel, you could really see the world, but not such a great job with a family.
What profession would you not like to do? I don't think I could work in a nursing home or alzeimers unit. There are special people that have just the knack and compassion for that.
Friday, June 20, 2008
1. A smile is contagious, just smile alot and see what happens.
2. Texas Holdem is my favorite board or card game. A group of girlfriends get together everynow and then and play, 10 cents per chip, $5.00 buy in. We're big spenders.
3. I would love to have more weekends in my life and less work days. Especially in the summer, I love to camp, golf and travel.
4. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of my brothers birthday, he was born on Father's day and the first day of summer in l964. He won the first baby born prize on father's day and my parents got a ham or something.
5. I just remembered I need to book some hotel reservations for a couple of days in July. Hope it's not too late.
6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: Longer that any any fishes in the ocean, I will beloved by you.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to washing clothes, tomorrow my plans include hosting a wedding shower, packing and Sunday, I want to get up early and leave for a week in Steamboat Springs, CO! (Conference for my job, mini vacation for husband)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
If your personality had to be summed up as a sandwich, what kind of sandwich would you be?
I would be a ham salad sandwich. You chop a little of this and a little of that and mix it all together. It's very colorful: pink, green yellow. I have many interests and have a hand in everything, and very outgoing personality.
If you knew that someone was dying, but they didn’t know, would you tell them the truth or deceive them about it? I am a firm believer in telling people the truth, good or bad. Besides my husband says I am a terrible liar.
Do you dress the same when you are depressed as you do when you are very happy? No, that's really weird when you think about it, when I'm happy I dress in bright colors and depressed I really don't care.
Friday, June 13, 2008
2. My favorite quote is tomorrow is another day, and this too shall pass; it's from me (I think), just sleeping can make things look alot brighter the next morning.
3. Debbie at Etc., Etc.,Etc., inspired me to start blogging. She is a long time friend who lives in Japan, and we keep in touch through blogging.
4. Strawberries are best dipped in chocolate with a bottle of champagne, candles, soft music, etc.
5. I was golfing in the last dream I remember having. I golfed all weekend, so it was on my mind.
6. The most enjoyable time to go for a walk is early in the morning, it is so peaceful.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to spending quality time with my husband, tomorrow my plans include golfing and Sunday, I want to make a nice dinner for father's day!
Posted by Janet at 7:36 PM
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Bill (husband), Marcus (son), and Darrell (father-in-law) just got back from a trip to Ketchikan, Alaska, where Bob (brother-in-law) is working on the highway to the bridge that goes to no-where. This was a trip of a life time for them, with Bob the built in guide. His company has a boat they used to fish.
Bill only caught really ugly fish.
Darrell and Marcus each caught a King Salmon.
They got some beautiful pictures!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Manic Monday #120
What is your ideal age? I have to say 45. I have thoroughly enjoyed my 40's. We had our kids early, so by 45 both kids were out of the house, 1 still in college. I love my kids to death, but we love the freedom we have now. When you leave the house in the morning is stays that way until you get home. If me and my husband come home after work and not especially hungry, we just have a salad.
What is your best excuse for being late? I am hardly ever late, that is my pet peave, people being late. But if I was I would say it was because my garage door wouldn't open and I had to walk or ride my bike.
If you had to give yourself a nickname what would it be? Gullable Girl (I don't know if that is spelled right) I believe everything people tell me.
Friday, June 6, 2008
When you drink soda/pop/coke, do you prefer to drink it from the bottle, a can, or after pouring it into a cup? I drink it from the can at work, but when I'm home I like it in a glass over ice.
What television show are you willing to stay up late to watch? I'm a reality show freak, right now I like Top Chef and Step it up and Dance
Name one person, place, or thing you think of as brilliant. My husband, somehow he always knows something about everything. Don't know how he does it.
Would you be willing to work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days in order to save gas? Yes, I think it really works, you get more done without interruptions.
If you were a superhero, what would you call yourself? Multitasking Diva
2. I love to stand and let the hot water run over me in the shower. My shower is wonderful, the water stream is pretty hard, and almost feels like a message.
3. My favorite time of the day is when me and my husband get home for work, we have a beer on the patio and discuss the day, good or bad. It is very theraputic.
4. The last tea I drank was raspberry tea with a slice of lime a couple of weekends ago, on my patio.
5. I like to play golf in the Summer. About the only sport I still participate in.
6. My mother always said the proverbial "wear clean panties in case your in an accident". Oh, if only my mom knew what kind of panties I wear now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hanging on the patio with some friends (husband is in Alaska), tomorrow my plans include playing in a golf tourey and Sunday, I want to get the grass mowed, house cleaned, get ready for the new week!
Monday, May 26, 2008
A few weeks ago, we put on a wedding shower for a friend's daughter and Denise, Penny, and I did a skit singing "Going to the Chapel". We decided it wouldn't be complete without wedding dresses. So here are the pictures of us crazy girls! As we were singing, a couple of other friends were on the side holding up visuals. As the song started we walked in like going down the isle, and then did motions during the song. At the end, we got the bride to be up with us, put a vale on her and she sang with us
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
I spent a day at the spa (relaxing), a day driving through the wine country and orchards(beautiful), and alot of time shopping(exspensive). I am always glad to get home, except when you go back to work and play catch up. Also this week was the start of a Countywide Non-denomination Church Revival that is called "Crossroad Crusade". It is for 5 nights. I was asked about 6 months ago to be Treasurer for the organization. Also I joined the community choir and my church praise band is playing on 2 nights. I play the electric keyboard which I love. So I have been quite busy since I got home.
The people putting on this revival are affiliated with the Billy Graham organization. They have their own people putting it on. Us locals provide the music, place to have it, sound people, etc. I have truly loved singing in the community choir. It is so great to hear all the beautiful voices we have in our community.
The praise band in my church was started about 2 years ago when our new pastor's wife wanted to play more up to date music. She plays quitar and was in a praise band at their prior church. She has all kinds of music. We have about 7 people with us now. The church purchased a Yamaha electric piano (for me to use). It is awesome. It can do anything!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
The evenings are spent with him and all the young linemen from the school. One night they have vendors with booths selling the various items for the job, they also have kegs of beer. Another night a local vendor from Fruita has everyone out to their home for a big bar-q-que, kegs of beer (again).
So until I get back, take care!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Wednesday was pretty chilly, and the rain, sleet, hail started about 10:00, along with the lightening and thunder, thankfully this helped in getting the Ordway fire 100% contained, as well as the Fort Carson fire. This morning we woke up to snow, no accumilation, it melted on impact. So welcome to Colorful Colorado!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
The second job I hold is Public Trustee. Colorado is the only state in the nation with a public trustee. It is also not a very pleasant job. I hold the foreclosures in my office. I am the go between with your loan company and their lawyer and you. I also look at my job as the person to educate you in a terrible time in your life. I cannot give legal advice, but I can tell you the procedures, when you need to do something and who you need to talk to. Foreclosures are at an all time high here and all over the country. But when I hold a foreclosure, it is my neighbors who I have known most all of my life.
My job is an elected position so I also am forced to be a politician. I really don't like the politics, but in order to keep my job, I must be involved. Every 4 years I run for office.
So now you know, taxes are not always a bad thing. I pay them too.
This blogging is so much fun. How often do you get to talk about yourself and things that are important to you. It is very theraputic.
Monday, April 14, 2008
What I was doing 10 years ago: 10 years ago this month I was going through a pretty rough time. My mom passed away suddenly at the age of 59 on March 15. It was a real shocker, since my dad had already passed away I was the head of my family. My daughter was getting ready for her first prom, she was really close to my mom. Then on prom night a classmate of hers was killed in an auto accident the the wee morning hours(Mitch Gale). Then to top this off she got her driver's license on May 12. It was pretty tough for this mom to let her go out that door and get in that car by herself.
Five Snacks I enjoy: 1.I enjoy a really cold beer after work on my patio with my husband discussing the day, with chips and hot sauce makes it even better. 2. Whoever invented microwave popcorn was a genuis. Rememeber when we had to pop it on the stove or in one of those airpoppers and the butter and salt didn't stick? 3. Guacamole and chips, need I say more. 4. Chex Mix, I made some at Christmas and we are hooked. My husband of 28 years recently quit chewing tobacco and he like to have it around to munch on. 5. This is pretty gross, but in high school I liked to dip my potato chips in ketchup. (This was before ranch dressing)
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:1.I would pay off my kids student loans. I know this wouldn't teach them anything, but my daughter has been paying hers off for about 2 years now at $50 a month. We made both of our kids get student loans the first year in college. 2. Take my whole family, inlaws included, to Alaska. My brother in law works there. 3. Pay off my house and camper, the only things we owe on. 4. Buy my husband a Harley so we could ride in the mountains. 5. Take a trip with my cousin Trenda to Japan to see Debbie, of course.
Five jobs that I have had:1.Worked in the drive in theater, awesome place to be at 14 years old. I couldn't drive to Danette Sheeley picked me up, took me to work and I had to be home 30 minutes after the show. 2. Didn't we all wait on tables? 3. I made flower arrangements at a local flower shop, Aspen Leaf, also made corsages for prom and Mothers Day. 4. I am currently the County Treasurer collected taxes. 5. Of course being a stay at home mom when my kids were little.
Some of my habits:1. I can't say NO! 2. Talking too much. 3. I watch way too much reality T.V. shows, but I am addicted. 4. I drink too much diet coke, love the stuff!! 5. My husband say I snore, but I can't believe that I do.
Five place I have lived:Vilas, CO, Paonia, CO, and now Springfield. I have only lived 3 places in Colorado my whole life.
Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: 1.Mrs. Blogoway2. Leeann3. Ciara4. El Pato5. Ms. Teacher