Monday, April 14, 2008

And now...for a meme that Debbie tagged me with....1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.***

What I was doing 10 years ago: 10 years ago this month I was going through a pretty rough time. My mom passed away suddenly at the age of 59 on March 15. It was a real shocker, since my dad had already passed away I was the head of my family. My daughter was getting ready for her first prom, she was really close to my mom. Then on prom night a classmate of hers was killed in an auto accident the the wee morning hours(Mitch Gale). Then to top this off she got her driver's license on May 12. It was pretty tough for this mom to let her go out that door and get in that car by herself.

Five Snacks I enjoy: 1.I enjoy a really cold beer after work on my patio with my husband discussing the day, with chips and hot sauce makes it even better. 2. Whoever invented microwave popcorn was a genuis. Rememeber when we had to pop it on the stove or in one of those airpoppers and the butter and salt didn't stick? 3. Guacamole and chips, need I say more. 4. Chex Mix, I made some at Christmas and we are hooked. My husband of 28 years recently quit chewing tobacco and he like to have it around to munch on. 5. This is pretty gross, but in high school I liked to dip my potato chips in ketchup. (This was before ranch dressing)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:1.I would pay off my kids student loans. I know this wouldn't teach them anything, but my daughter has been paying hers off for about 2 years now at $50 a month. We made both of our kids get student loans the first year in college. 2. Take my whole family, inlaws included, to Alaska. My brother in law works there. 3. Pay off my house and camper, the only things we owe on. 4. Buy my husband a Harley so we could ride in the mountains. 5. Take a trip with my cousin Trenda to Japan to see Debbie, of course.

Five jobs that I have had:1.Worked in the drive in theater, awesome place to be at 14 years old. I couldn't drive to Danette Sheeley picked me up, took me to work and I had to be home 30 minutes after the show. 2. Didn't we all wait on tables? 3. I made flower arrangements at a local flower shop, Aspen Leaf, also made corsages for prom and Mothers Day. 4. I am currently the County Treasurer collected taxes. 5. Of course being a stay at home mom when my kids were little.

Some of my habits:1. I can't say NO! 2. Talking too much. 3. I watch way too much reality T.V. shows, but I am addicted. 4. I drink too much diet coke, love the stuff!! 5. My husband say I snore, but I can't believe that I do.

Five place I have lived:Vilas, CO, Paonia, CO, and now Springfield. I have only lived 3 places in Colorado my whole life.

Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: 1.Mrs. Blogoway2. Leeann3. Ciara4. El Pato5. Ms. Teacher

4 comments:

Leeann said...

Welcome to blogging! It is a lot of fun...you will like it! It is a fun place to "meet" people and a rewarding way to express yourself. Also, for me I keep it as a "journal" of sorts, so when I look back on this period of my life I will see how life really was, for better or for worse. And my kids will be able to also!

BTW, disturbing fact- I snore. I didn't used to but apparently some nights I am so bad my poor husband puts in earplugs. Now *that* is embarrassing!

Leeann
ps- Great Start!

dkuroiwa said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad that you did this!! It takes awhile to get to know all the ins and outs of this blogging process, but it's fun while you're doing it!!

As I was reading through some of your answers I was like, "uh-huh".."yeah"..."oh yeah!!"...."I remember that"!!! Remember the night Wayne and the cook didn't show up at the rest. and I had to cook....for a party...while you and somebody else waited tables!!! That was freakin' hilarius!!! Oh...and the drive-in movie theater!!! Danette was both our taxis to work....except I could stay out an hour after the show was over!!! Fun memories...glad I can share most of them with you!!!

And snoring...no way...you do not and I'm sure that Leeann is mistaken and her husband is just being sensitive!! I do talk though.....the K-man says I speak both Japanese and English and it's really funny!! I hope I"m not telling any big secrets....'cause you KNOW I have some!!!
You and Trenda get your butts over here.....soon!!!

Holy crap...is Linds. having her 10 year reunion this year?!?!?! Man...there is going to be some serious pation time thinking about that one!!!
have a good one!!
d.

♥ N o v a said...

Welcome to the blogging world. =)

Susan said...

No, Lindsey's been out 8 years. She turns 26 May 12th. That is ridiculous, huh!
S.